Oregon Federal Executive Board Leadership Development
Apply for the 2019 Oregon FEB Associates Program
The application for the 2019 Associates Program is now open!
Before completing the application, please read through the 2019 Associates Program Summary and Application Instructions to be sure you are eligible and able to perform the tasks and responsibilities of this 12-month program. Scroll down to read more about the program, watch testimonials from past participants, and see examples of past projects.
Once you've read through the program summary and application instructions, use the buttons below to access the two portions of the application. If for some reason the candidate or supervisor is unable to access the online application, please contact email@example.com for a printable PDF application. To be considered, a complete application containing the requested information and supporting documents must be submitted no later than 5 PM Pacific Daylight Time, November 1, 2018.
The Associates Program offers rising federal leaders in Oregon and SW Washington a unique opportunity for professional development within a group of motivated federal peers, who care deeply about the impact of public service. This challenging one-year program assesses the current effectiveness as a leader, develops core competencies, and teaches professional skills that are essential for the most successful federal leaders.
The Oregon FEB is partnering with Portland Community College’s respected CLIMB Center for Advancement and their outstanding instructors to deliver a rigorous training program aligned with Office of Personnel Management’s Executive Core Qualifications. In addition to the core competency focus, the program offers executive shadows, inspiring speaker panels, and a collaborative team project that will have a lasting impact on the local federal community.
Core Competency Highlights
- Leadership Assessment and Individual Development Plan
- Coalition Building and Leveraging Diversity
- Project Management and Business Acumen
- Decision Making, Entrepreneurship, and Innovation
- Accountability, Ethics, Public Service Motivation
- Communication and Presentation Skills
- Resiliency, Strategic Vision, and Leading Change
Benefits for the Associate
- Professional Development Tailored to Your Career
- Core Competencies: The Bedrock of a Strong Career
- Instructors Who Understand Effective Leadership
- Networking with Federal Peers and Executives
Benefits for the Agency
- Developing skilled leaders
- Sharing best practices
- Aligning your agency's mission with public interest
- Networking with local federal agencies to build a collaborative federal community
Cost per person: $2,400
Eligibility: Federal employees at the GS-11 to GS-13 level, nominated and submitted by a local agency senior leader.
FY2018 Associates Program Training Schedule - 2019 Training Schedule will be available soon
2016 Associates Program Graduates
The Oregon FEB is proud to bring you our 2016 Associates Graduate Testimonials. Hear what our graduates have to say about the program:
- Steve Bird, Transportation Security Inspector for the Compliance Division with the Transportation Security Administration, Oregon & SW Washington;
- Mary Stirneman, Operations Research Analyst, Flight Safety at the Federal Aviation Administration, Portland Office;
- Robert Hoffman, Technical Research Branch Chief, Engineering and Construction Division, U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Portland District;
- Daniel Wilsey, Regional Export Division Development Officer, Small Business Administration, Portland Office;
- Aaron Eklund, Civil Engineer, Bureau of Land Management, Portland.
2016 Associates Program Team Projects:
- The B.I.G.G. Idea: Bridging Informational Generation Gaps Summary
- The B.I.G.G. Idea: Bridging Informational Generation Gaps Final Report
- STEM Initiative Summary
- STEM Initiative Final Report
- Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake Preparedness Summary
- Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquake Preparedness Final Report