8:30 a.m. - 4:00 p.m.
Gus Solomon Courthouse, Rm. 101
Portland, OR, unless otherwise noted.
Cost: $100 for Fed Employees and
$75 for Spouse
FY 2018 CSRS Retirement
April 12, 2018 OPEN
FY2018 FERS Retirement
February 6 OPEN
March 15 OPEN
April 11 OPEN
May 15 OPEN
June 19 OPEN
Additional FERS Retirement Planning Seminars are under development. Watch for updates!
If you are unable to attend one of our FERS or CSRS Retirement Planning Seminars, you may find some preliminary information on this Office of Personnel Management video titled "Your Federal Retirement Annuity". Once in YouTube, you will find several other possibly helpful videos on FERS, CSRS, TSP, and more.
*As of Fall 2017, the location of the 2018 FERS/CSRS Retirement Planning Seminars have not been finalized. Most will take place at the Gus Solomon Court House. However, the location of each seminar is subject to change within 90 days of its occurrence.
Oregon FEB Training Payment Options:
The preferred method of payment is by government or personal credit card. Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express are accepted.
Payments by credit card via the online registration service are processed within 2-3 days.
- Federal checks or personal checks may also accepted. Checks should be made payable to the Oregon FEB, and mailed to:
- Oregon Federal Executive Board, 620 SW Main Street, Suite 330, Portland, OR 97205.
If payment by check is not received at least two weeks prior to a training session, the seat will be surrendered.
- Electronic Funds Transfer payments (EFT) or transactions by government purchase order are not accepted.
Contact the Registrar at ofebtraining@oregonfeb. us or call
503-326-2060 for help or
information about our seminar offerings.
Coming in March 2018!
Breaking the Cycle of Stress
The Oregon Federal Executive Board is hosting Breaking the Cycle of Stress on March 14, 2018. This seminar was offered last spring and was so successful that we are making it available again. Seating is limited; register soon.
Gain clarity of mind and an increased capacity to meet and overcome life’s challenges. This training provides both physical and cognitive techniques to overcome the negative impacts of stress, and to increase our capacity to bounce back from adversity. Navy Seals use these techniques to calm intense fear before combat. Actors and athletes use them to enhance performance under pressure. Learn how to stop the stress response before it arises, and to find effective ways to release it once present. You’ll learn how to:
- Understand and communicate more sensitively with people without denying or sacrificing your own feelings
- Manage challenging work situations with greater calm and clarity of mind
- Release stress with clinically-proven relaxation, breathing, and meditation techniques that can be done in just a few moments
- Achieve significant relief from chronic pain, insomnia, and high blood pressure
- Increase focus amidst 24/7 hyper-connectivity and distractions
Testimonials about the Gamows’ training:
“This is the best stress management program we’ve ever offered in my 20 years at NASA.”
—Miriam Glazer, Programs Director, NASA-Ames Research Center
“This program is a gift. In my 17-year career with the National Park Service, I have never chosen to attend a training tice. But I was here yesterday, and am back again today. I can't recommend this more highly. We don't focus enough on our inner environment and the challenges we face. We all need this training. It's powerful. It's useful. And it will serve us at work and at home. It means a lot to me to have brought these skills to my staff.”
—Natalie Gates, Supervisor, Haleakala National Park, Maui
“This training program was especially helpful on how to handle yourself, so you don't let the sling, arrows, and other misfortunes that others may sling your way get you down. It was rather liberating, in fact.”
—John Lom, Deputy Chief Counsel, U.S. Department of Treasury
“Our employees include some of the country’s finest research scientists, and they gave this program top ratings. It’s a big plus that the program is based on clinical research and that people can experience the results of the techniques first-hand. Even our traditional skeptics were won over.”
—Erin M. Shatara, Training Coordinator, Stanford Linear Accelerator, U.S. Department of Energy
“Karen and David’s stress and resiliency training received the highest accolades of the year from our federal workforce. A must-attend for people who are tasked with doing more with fewer resources.”
—Joseph Schmitt, Executive Director, Federal Executive Board of Minnesota
Share this page with colleagues:
If there is sufficient enrollment, a second session may be added in the afternoon. Watch for updates
Coming in April 2018
Application to register for Dealing with Performance and Conduct Issues coming to Springfield, Oregon on April 3rd and 4th, 2018.
Secrets To A More Productive Day Workshop : April 19, 2018
This session is designed SPECIFICALLY for:
Senior Managers, Middle Managers and Superintendents who have TOO MUCH TO DO...
...and NEED TO GET MORE TIME.
What do YOU need 30 minutes for?
In this session you will learn the exact strategies AND tactics the most productive leaders use to Master Time Management, Get Things Done, and Be Better Leaders.
You will learn the tools, mindset and practices to improve your daily productivity by 20% or more every day. You will learn how to regain 30 minutes. EVERY DAY. 30 minutes to focus on your priorities. 30 minutes to beat traffic home. 30 minutes to help an employee through a challenge she is facing. 30 minutes to each lunch. 30 minutes to exercise.
Managing email, attending meetings, planning projects… these are all the types of work our clients say they need to do more effectively and more efficiently.
- During the course, you'll learn:
- The Principles of Productivity: Learn to combine personal working styles with the organizational culture to achieve more success, get the right things done, and feel better about your work.
- Productivity through Technology: Learn to more effectively use Microsoft® Outlook® and your iPhone/iPad to save up to 30 MINUTES A DAY. You'll receive a 20+ page PDF titled: "Microsoft® Outlook®: I Didn't Know It Could Do That!"
- "Micro-learning" skills: Learn three ways to employ "micro-learning" (also called "just in time learning" to improve as a manager.
- Set the Stage for Productivity: Learn to use the strategy in Chapter 1 of "Your Best Just Got Better" to set the stage for more productive days.
- Understand and Motivate People: Disempowered people hold back. They do the bare minimum. That's exhausting for you. Discover how motivating your team empowers them to do their very best.
- Tools You Can Share With Your Team: During the one-day session, request copies of EVERY worksheet, PDF and InfoGuide and Jason will email those to you as an attachment. Share them with your team.
- Who Should Attend:
Managers and supervisors who already have too much to do and need a couple of secrets they can use to increase their productivity by 20% or more.
When: April 19, 2018
Time: 9:00-3:30 PM
Location: Edith Green – Wendell Wyatt Federal Building
Classrooms 1 A&B
1220 S.W. 3rd Avenue
Portland, OR. 97204
Plan extra time for parking, building security, and check in.
Contact Jodi Womack
Early Bird Registration (before February 28th, 2018) -$99 per person
Registration (after February 28th, 2018) - $129 per person
Group (3 persons) Registration - $275 (on one invoice or credit card)